May 11, 2010
Back in April we mentioned that we were making preparations for a big update. Well, I’m happy to announce that in ONE week, the new Glass update will be released.
What does this mean for you?
While rejiggering the doodads and thingmabobs, we’ve created a brand new back-end that will make your experience with Glass even better. Not upgrading will result in an interruption of service. So if you like using Glass sans hiccups, be sure to upgrade on the 18th.
But it’s not all “impending doom” around here. We actually have some really cool features packed into this update. We’ll be highlighting these more in-depth over the next few days, but here’s a bit of a sneak peek.
- Smarter notifications and new states to slides
- Links open in new tabs
- Autoscroll to slide location on webpage
- Autoscroll to newest reply in slide (very useful in live chats!)
- Non-contacts will be able to see each other on shared slides
- Ability to add a person to an existing slide
Watch for posts and screenshots detailing these new features throughout the week.
Because of the update, we won’t have an invitation refresh cycle this week. Instead, we will have an Invitapalooza next week. Be on the look out for riddles, contest announcements and some guest blogs from some of our users!